Sunday, January 29, 2012

Everything is better with Sparkles!

I was goofing around at Sephora yesterday and found a glorious package of "Boo Boo Bling".  They're these plastic jewels that are supposed to be placed overtop of bandaids to make bandaids a little less...bandaid like.  I'm not sure who would actually buy them.  (Obviously me!)  They remind me of the sparkly tattoos that I used to think was the coolest thing since sliced bread...when I was 13.






A lightbulb went off in my diabetic head.  I had to purchase them.  I felt the need to explain their intended use to the checkout lady and just got a strange and confused look.  I guess I thought I was being clever by using them to decorate some mechanical body parts as opposed to real body parts.  


So, I decided to bedazzle my diabetes gadgetry, because everything is better with sparkles.


-Exit Stage Left

6 comments:

  1. I love this!!!!!!!! And so will my three year old daughter who has lived with T1D for one year now. She just became aware that there is such a thing as a ballerina (we have no tv in the house). Ahhh, she is glowing. Wait til I show her this....thank you thank you thank you!
    ~ Jules
    http://alittlecraftynest.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's great! I'm so happy you are a fan of the sparkles too!

      Delete
  2. This is adorable and creative! Way to make it fun!

    I am working with a well known brand to build a vibrant community to help spread the word about diabetes and a healthy lifestyle. It would be great if you could join our community to help educate, inform and converse with those living with Diabetes.

    If you would like to learn more about this and help us spread the word about diabetes awareness, please send an email to info@atomicreach.com

    Thanks,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah! I am so totally going to pimp my meter, now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I just found your blog, and I think it's so cool! I love how you decorated your meter! I did the same thing with duct tape for my meter. I just made a blog, and maybe you could check it out? I'm just trying to get the word out. I could really use some tips. Thanks!

    diabetesisannoying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete