Friday, January 20, 2012

Fierce Footwork Friday

Hey fabulous people!


I thought it would be fun to have a regular dance and diabetes related photo from company rehearsal every Friday!  So here is my first one. 


I never have talked about my tattoo but here it is.  It's my medical alert bracelet that is stuck with me for life, just like diabetes.  On one side it says "Type 1 Diabetic" and the other says "I Kept Going".  


Exhausted from 4 hours of ballet




The quote came from a conversation I had with my mother many years ago when I was recovering from a foot surgery to remove a damaged nerve.  She asked me that once I had achieved my dreams and was being interviewed for Dance Magazine what would I say was the secret to my success.  I told her "I Kept Going"  To this day I have unhappy, frustrating, even life threatening times but I know that if I keep going even if just by an inch I will make it through.  


-Exit Stage Left

1 comment: